Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I've been able to keep down a cracker with a small piece of cheese, about 3/4 cup of soup, a couple glasses of water, and 3 small chunks of watermelon. I'm going to try a little more soup later on. This is the first food I've been able to keep down in 4 days - yay! This morning I was seriously beginning to fear hospitalization. Am still shaky and lightheaded and weak, but thrilled at the improvement. DH got me some homeopathic pulsatilla, which generally is a good remedy for me, and I haven't been up from the supine position more than an hour total today, so maybe that's helped. Please send me positive vibes that I will continue to keep fluids and food down.

Back to the sofa now...

Carol

·
Registered
0 Posts
Wow; you sound like me with DD #4!! I hope you continue to be able to keep food in!!! I understand, trust me!

((((no pukey vibes))))

I'm just starting to feel a bit nauseated here and there; I hope it isn't as bad as DD #4...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your positive vibes - it is working! Today I kept down 2 solid meals and a couple of snacks. I'm working on figuring out something for dinner. I feel like a new person having kept some solids down.

I really appreciate your understanding. I had morning sickness for 8 weeks with my dd, but never went DAYS without keeping anything down. Wow, not fun at all.

I found out my insurance covers acupuncture (70% covered, anyway) so I have an appt. tomorrow. I've heard it helps some people a lot with nausea. I haven't ever done acupuncture so I'm not thrilled about the needle thing, but if it helps it will be well worth it!
:

Thanks again.

Carol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.