Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like this forum isn't very active but I just wanted to encourage sufferers of PPD to look into the ketogenic diet. I noticed the biggest reduction in my PPD about 6 weeks into the keto diet. There are different versions of the diet but I am on a low carb, high fat version. (Sounds scary but I have actually lost weight). I originally started it to manage migraines. (The neurologist advised against it and wanted to put me on drugs.:/) Now I am migraine free and feel like myself again. There have been improvements in other areas as well. I started it when my baby was about 20 months and only breastfeeding minimally so I can't say how it affects breastfeeding. Also I don't know about being on the diet while pregnant but I plan to be soon and hopefully can stay on the diet. There's a great podcast by Shawn Mynar about the diet particular to women's health. Hope this is helpful to someone. Best.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.