Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>So I got kicked by a pony this afternoon and am wondering how worried I should be.  The pony was barefoot (no metal shoes - thank goodness) and didn't get me hard.  He got me below and to the right of my big belly and not hard enough to leave a mark.  I haven't had any pain, bleeding, contractions, etc. and the baby is moving per usual.  Would you still be concerned?</p>

·
Banned
1,860 Posts
<p>I wouldn't be concerned. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>But still.  It was a large livestock animal.  Even if everything seems OK, it might not be a terrible idea to be checked out by your hcp on Monday.  Do you need to continue working with the pony through pregnancy?  Was it a fluke spooky thing, or is the pony malicious? </p>

·
Registered
179 Posts
<p>It sounds like you have no reason to be concerned, but it depends on how hard you got kicked, really.  Only you can judge that (but by what you describe it seems that luckily you didn't get kicked very hard).  </p>

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>Well, I posted and then decided better safe than sorry and called the doctor's office.  The on call doctor called me back and sent me to Labor & Delivery just to be on the safe side.  They monitored the munchkin for an hour and all is well - thank god.  I teach horseback riding lessons on the weekend.  My husband and I have decided after this that there will be no more lessons until after the baby is born.  There is no point in risking it. </p>

·
Registered
179 Posts
<p>Nice to have it confirmed all is well!  Probably a smart decision, to stay clear of the horses / ponies until the baby is here.</p>

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
<p>Yikes, I'm glad everything is okay!  My uncle, way before my time, got kicked in the face by a mule.  Half his face was an inch deeper, but looked normal otherwise.  Kicks are scary!</p>

·
Registered
331 Posts
<p>Ack! Glad everything turned out to be okay, and it sounds smart to stay away, just in case, until after the kiddo is born. Too stinking cold to be out riding horses anyway :p</p>

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<p>LOL.  No kidding!  I think my students were sticking it out since I'm going to be taking time off soon anyway.  I'm certainly more than happy not to go freeze my butt off for hours on end to give instruction.  :)</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts