Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the story.<br>
DD is now a wild sleeper(kicking, pushing...etc) and we are trying to get her into her bed(next to ours) so DH can get some sleep. Cause what she does is constantly kick, push and beat him till he actually gets out of bed and I find him sleeping on the couch. This bothers me cause I am so used to sleeping with him, that when he gets out of bed it wakes me up.<br>
So our problem is, why is she only doing this to him, or doing it period? and we find that she does this to him when she wants milkies most of the time. The thing is that she is not awake when she does this, he tells me. I am not by any means a deep sleeper and she shouldnt have to wake him to get milkies from me...?<br>
Any Ideas?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
If she's only kicking him, why not sleep between your DD and DH? We have our DD's mattress against the wall with a pregancy pillow padding the wall, our bed is next to hers, I sleep next to DD, and DH is on the outside.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have done that before, but she manages to crawl over me from time to time. I sometimes will wake up and not remember how she got in between us and just figure that she must have crawled over me to get to him. The only thing I can think of is a temperature issue? He is warmer than me and maybe she just wants to be closer to him for that? She does get enough covers at night, so I dont know? either that or maybe its a security thing? that maybe she needs him at some point in order to stay asleep? I ahve no clue we are just trying to hammer out ideas about where this may come from and what we should do to maybe help him get more sleep?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts