Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in TAO about my experience last thursday in the ER. I was in severe pain, with blood in my urine. Well, I am on strong antibiotics, starting thursday (today is saturday), and I am still hurting. I can't get an appointment with the follow-up doc till the 15th, and I don't have a doctor of my own, so I am not sure what to do. The nurse on the info line said that it may not have been enough time for the meds to work, to give it another 24 hours.<br><br>
Well, the pain is not sudden, just ongoing, and it is starting to make me nutso. I never had this before, and I am being kind of a baby about it.<br><br>
I have only had one UTI in my life, four years ago. That time it was the same scenario, hot weather, overwork, dehydration. The same thing happened this last week, only it went too far. I ignored it hoping it would get better, until I was doubled over in pain.<br><br>
Any advice? TIA!<br><br>
dlb

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I had a UTI a couple months ago and it took about 4 days of being on meds before I couldn't see blood in my urine anymore. Give the meds a couple more days and if you still don't feel better call or go to the ER. Hope you feel better soon!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts