Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dd started waldorf preschool last week. She goes two mornings a week. The first day my husband dropped her off at school. He said that she was playing in in this big boat type thing they have and two of the kids moved the stool away so she couldn't get down out of the boat. They were laughing about it apparently. She "roared" at them(literally). The teacher came over and said, "that doesn't sound like a happy noise", and apparently toldd the other two children to put the stool back. I thought that was kind of mean, but you know, kids do some mean stuff and she is the "new girl".<br>
However, she just asked me tonight, "why did the kids lock me in the private bathroom"? So apparently some of the kids locked her into the little stall that has a door on it. I don't know if they really locked her in, or if she just couldn't get out, but if they did, that is horrible! That seems really cruel to me. Maybe this is typical three and four year old behavior, but I don't feel comfortable with it. I couldn't get her to tell me what she did, or if the teacher knew about it, or how she got out. She said she felt upset though. She wants to go to school, she said after this converstaion that thurdsy was too long to wait to go back...but I don't know if I want her to go. Am I overreacting here? I am going to call her teacher tommorrow and see what she says.

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
I don't have any advice but I would definitely give the teacher a call or a visit and nip it in the bud now. She may need to have a talk with the class about how to treat new students. It may be harmless play but it's not right if your DD doesn't like it. Either way, the teacher needs to be made aware of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts