Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a good alternative to the battery operated pill/fuzz cutter thingy....

The one I have eats batteries and it is worthless for getting the pills off....

I have read about some kind of "stone"....what are these called and where do I get one????

TIA

·
Registered
51,189 Posts
I have heard that you can use a regular natural pumice stone (the kind you can get at Pier 1 Imports that hasn't been cut into a square so it still has some natural roughness to it). Depending on what you are depilling you could also use an emery board, or my mom uses a regular razor (still haven't figured that one out yet
). The only thing I don't like about those methods is I think they pull more fibers out while the battery shaver cuts the pills off. You could always give the piece a pill cut with a pair of really sharp scissors (like scrapbooking detail scissors or even hair scissors).

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
I don't care for disposable anything, but I'm getting some disposable razors to use on my dd's soakers/longies. Shaving works. Quick, easy.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
I bought a sweater shaver last winter at JCPenny's. It is basically like a razor only wide enough you can grip it in your palm. It works wonderfully and is just mama powered.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ladies...
I have a pumice stone upstairs, for my feet.
:
i will go grab it and use it...see if it actually works.

If that fails, I will try the razor....then if I have to....I will search for a new mama powered sweater shaver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts