Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nak<br><br>
i had another offer from the insurance company for my car accident 3 years ago. i was happy with the amount as we are in a lot of debt and it would have payed almost all of it, as my maternity leave is up in july, so no more income for me(dh works)im not going back to work. if we had no debt we would be fine. my lawyer said this offer is to low, so don't take it. it has been a year since the last offer, so now how long till i get another one and the lawyer says to take it? atleast im going to get a good amount of money, but all this bills are killing me, i get so stressed out easy about money.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
How much does your lawyer stand to get from the offer? It sounds like you could really use the money now. The lawyer is willing to wait for more later.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Ellien C</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">How much does your lawyer stand to get from the offer? It sounds like you could really use the money now. The lawyer is willing to wait for more later.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
i still have occuring injuries so he does not want to settle till they are all figured out, which makes sence i belive he gets 27%-33%, depends on how it is settled, in or out of court. i guess things will be tight for a bit longer, but if i can get way more that would be good to.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
for the future?<br>
when my niece got hurt they had their lawyer do a contract that any and all future medical issues etc from the wreck would be covered..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts