Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what information is tied to a credit card. I ordered some covers through GMD and was worried that I hadn't recievved en email delivery conformation.. Well my mom called today and said they arrived at their house in Texas (I'm back home in AZ) whats weird is the only address I gave was mine here in AZ, my father used his card to pay them but all the addresses ect were for here, we have the print out order form and I have a copy so I'm certan of it. Soo i'm wondering how the information on my parents physical address turned up??? I'm wondering partly because they recently had some CC fraud where someone in New work was charged like $800 or so on their card in stores (not on line) but my parents never "lost" their card. How can someone physically use a card they don't have? I'm just a little parnoid now I guesss.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by octobermom
Anyone know what information is tied to a credit card. I ordered some covers through GMD and was worried that I hadn't recievved en email delivery conformation.. Well my mom called today and said they arrived at their house in Texas (I'm back home in AZ) whats weird is the only address I gave was mine here in AZ, my father used his card to pay them but all the addresses ect were for here, we have the print out order form and I have a copy so I'm certan of it. Soo i'm wondering how the information on my parents physical address turned up??? I'm wondering partly because they recently had some CC fraud where someone in New work was charged like $800 or so on their card in stores (not on line) but my parents never "lost" their card. How can someone physically use a card they don't have? I'm just a little parnoid now I guesss.
did you enter your parents address as the billing address? if you didn;t, the purchase shouldn't have even gone trhrough since you used your dads card. i can't imagine how else anyone could have gotten it.
:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
That is too wierd.
I had a sale kicked back and refused on my CC one time, but I was buying using my USA CC on a UK site to deliver to family in UK I guess it was all too much for the site and it was refused, even though the addresses were all correct including the billing and delivery addresses. I suppose it's better than them letting anyone buy with a cc that might not be theirs.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
did you enter your parents address as the billing address? if you didn;t, the purchase shouldn't have even gone trhrough since you used your dads card. i can't imagine how else anyone could have gotten it.
Okay yes it did I didn't think we had included more than his name but we did enter a seperate "mailing addess" think maybe they sent it to the CC informations location for security reasons? Not a biggie my parents are fowarding the package to me so its on its way I just found it odd.. Ohh an a positive note I think we placed the order last Friday and it "arrived" by the following Wednesday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.