Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies! This is my first post here. I have learned a lot from everyone so far, so I am hoping I can get some insight into this! I am kinda TTC and I was wondering about temps. Do they have to go up if you are pregnant? I am on day 30 and still not increase. My longest cycle before this was 34 days, and I feel no where near getting AF! I have been having weird cramps for the past week, and now feel itchy, bloated, but temps are still low. Actually, my temps this month have been irregularly low-between 96.4-96.8, sometimes 97.2, but just 2 times. I am very confused and hoped someone could help!! BTW, what does BFP mean?<br>
Thanks everyone! Have a GREAT holiday!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Hi Melanie, welcome to the forums. They're wonderful. As for temps, after you ovulate, your temperature will go up and stay higher than your pre-ovulatory temps until you get your period. If you're pregnant, then your temps will stay elevated. A "bfp" means a "big fat positive," and refers to a positive pregnancy test. (Therefore, a "bfn" is a "big fat negative," or negative test.) If your temps haven't noticeably risen and stayed high, then my guess is either you haven't ovulated yet, or that you need a new thermometer. Good luck and welcome!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I agree, sounds like you may not have ovulated this cycle. Are you temping at the same time everyday?<br><br>
By the way, Welcome!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ladies! Yeah, I've been temping at the same time everyday, and my temps have been abnormally low this month, plus this month's cycle has been longer than my previous months. I've only been off the pill for 5 months, so maybe my system is still messed up! I was honestly kinda hoping I was pregnant, and my temps just didn't matter! (I know its ridiculous, but that's how obsessed I've been lately!) Thanks for your input, hopefully I haven't o'd yet and will keep trying!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts