Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dd is turning 6 in a couple weeks but will start kindergarten after labor day--we kept her out last year. I remember specifically having friends over to play and going to their house in 1st grade (when I was 6), but I never did in kindergarten.

I know dd is really excited about making friends. Should I expect her friends (who might still be 5 or even 4) to want to come over and play (without mom) and vice versa, or is that a 1st grade thing. I have no idea.

how's this work exactly?
sarah

· Registered
3,552 Posts
DS is in the same boat. He is going on playdates in our small, very rural neighborhood with a few friends (they won't be in school w/him), and they come here on their own as well. As an older kindy, he seems to like the experience.

· Registered
9,015 Posts
Yup they'll be friends to come over, especially if K is all day every day(here it is all day every other day).

It was easy for my oldest dd to have her friends over & go over as they all live in our area.

My other 2 kids though theirs all live on acreages & unlike when we were kids bus drivers do NOT like extra kids on the bus. They don't like kids bringing their band instruments that they NEED in school.

· Registered
409 Posts
I was just talking about this w/ a friend today. Kids where I am even start having sleepovers in K. I thought that seemed a little early, but logistically it makes more sense here- some kids travel 1+ hr to town. I made a rule that my dd had to be 5 before her first sleepover at a friends house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.