Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has kindergarten screening on Friday and I was wondering what types of things she will be doing?<br><br>
Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
992 Posts
My ds had his at this time last year. They brought the children to the gym while the parents went to the cafeteria to fill out paperwork. His preschool had been working with him on the types of things that he needed to do for the screening.<br><br>
I can't remember all of the things that they had him do, but some of it was physical and some was academic. They had him write his name, draw a person, name all the letters that he could, count, etc. They also had him doing things like jumping, skipping, standing on one foot, etc. HTH a little.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
At our school we have 4 adults each child meets. The first tests for gross motor skills - walking up and down stairs, on a balance beam, throwing a ball, etc. The next is for academic readiness skills and fine motor skills - cutting on a line, cutting out a circle, knowing the names and sounds of letters, writing the child's name. Next the speech/language pathologist meets with the kids to see how they are saying their letter sounds, basically to get a better idea of if they will need a full eval. Finally the nurse does a vision and hearing screening and gets the copy of the vax status/exemptions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts