Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We normally buy King Arthur organic white whole wheat flour from a co-op that delivers to our area monthly. We just received a 50 lb. bag yesterday, and when we went to use it, realized what we had been given was artisan flour (not whole wheat). It is so white it is blinding. It gives me the creeps! We tried using it anyway, not having anything else, and my daughter said our sourdough sponge looked like playdough. :puke I can't imagine eating this stuff all month...<br><br>
So, does anybody know where to get KA organic white whole wheat flour in the meantime? The only thing I can find at the local stores is KA non-organic.<br><br>
And if I can't get what I want this month, what's the less harmful option - non-organic whole wheat flour or organic white flour?<br><br>
What a rotten time for this to happen!!!

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
<b>Don't bother calling KA</b>- they will be of NO help in locating the flour for you!! all they can say is what stores carry their products but they seem clueless when you are looking for a certain product-no help at all!! All they want to do is make you buy from the catalog and pay their high shipping! Their customer service is NOT!<br><br>
I use the flour you that you got and have had wonderful results with it, I use in mostly for cakes, pies and cookies, not bread. I get my organic WW flour at my local health food store, may one could order it for you so you don't have to pay the shipping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts