Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awesome.
I am watching King of the Hill and it is the episoe where Bobby Hill is in Home Economics, and makes Thanksgiving dinner.

Peggy goes crazy and escapes to her hairdressers house, and when she walks in, the hairdressers wife is breastfeeding! Like, half of her top is down and the baby is obviously eating! In the next scene, her top is up, and she is just cradleing the baby!

But Peggy turns to her and says "I breastfed my Bobby... Big Mistake" I wonder what she meant by that...
:

It was just cool to see breastfeeding on a popular Fox show!

· Registered
5,946 Posts
I* think she meant "big mistake" becaise at that point in the show, she is very jealous and mad at Bobby, so she is saying something like
"big mistake to have loved him so much/given him the best because then he went and turned on me and stabbed me in the back" because he is basically being a better "wife" than she is..he is cooking and sewing and stuff, all better than her.....it's a petty jealousy thing on her part....

· Registered
508 Posts
That is cool that they tossed that in there. I love when a show on tv throws nursing in in such a casual way. I see too many bottel fed babies on tv as it is. Nice to know some people still know its normal to BF!

· Registered
2,721 Posts
Man, I missed that episode! We watch King of the Hill a lot, but I've been trying to keep the TV off a lot more lately. Of course I had to do it when they showed bfing!
:

· Registered
868 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobandjess99
I* think she meant "big mistake" becaise at that point in the show, she is very jealous and mad at Bobby, so she is saying something like
"big mistake to have loved him so much/given him the best because then he went and turned on me and stabbed me in the back" because he is basically being a better "wife" than she is..he is cooking and sewing and stuff, all better than her.....it's a petty jealousy thing on her part....
Exactly.

Cute reference though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.