Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long did your DC wear Kissaluvs size 0? My DS is 6 months old and still fits into them just fine. I put the snaps on the top row, two in, and they fit perfectly. I can see him wearing them on the outside snaps after he grows some more, so they should last at least a few more months.

I keep reading that they usually only fit for a couple of months. DS is 16.12 pounds and 27.25 inches long, so he is long and lean.

Now if only I had bought more of these... I only have three and wish I had a whole pile.

Just curious.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I haven't started yet, my little one isn't due until January. But you are making me want to buy more KL0s! My first one was a skinny minnie but I used sposies on her because I didn't know any better (I thought to CD you had to use the Gerber prefolds from Target. Ha ha). So if the next baby is built the same the KL0s might last us past 10 weeks! Which would be great because I about choked on the price.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
How long did your DC wear Kissaluvs size 0? My DS is 6 months old and still fits into them just fine. I put the snaps on the top row, two in, and they fit perfectly. I can see him wearing them on the outside snaps after he grows some more, so they should last at least a few more months.

I keep reading that they usually only fit for a couple of months. DS is 16.12 pounds and 27.25 inches long, so he is long and lean.

Now if only I had bought more of these... I only have three and wish I had a whole pile.

Just curious.
3 months, maybe? He was peeing WAY beyond their capacity within a month though...

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
I think usually babies outgrow the limited absorbency before they outgrow them size-wise. But I would imagine that they are quite low-rise on your baby at this point, so depending on a baby's natural rise (my ds happens to have a really long rise for his overall length) the kissaluvs also may not last as long.

My chubby 10.5-lber was born too big for the kissaluvs 0s (but he was REALLY chubby and had a long rise).

Lex

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lexbeach View Post
I think usually babies outgrow the limited absorbency before they outgrow them size-wise. But I would imagine that they are quite low-rise on your baby at this point, so depending on a baby's natural rise (my ds happens to have a really long rise for his overall length) the kissaluvs also may not last as long.

My chubby 10.5-lber was born too big for the kissaluvs 0s (but he was REALLY chubby and had a long rise).

Lex
Nope. They actually fit right where I would think they should. If they were any higher in the rise, he wouldn't be able to bend at the waist very easily. I guess we just got lucky that they fit for so long. And, as for peeing beyond their absorbancy, as long as I change him regularly, so he only pees once n them, we are fine. I usually check every hour or two still, so it works. Really wishing I had more...

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Raversangel, Just noticed that your little one was born on my father's birthday, and I also lost one right around when you did last year. My little man was born on the 28th, two weeks exactly after yours.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Long skinny baby too. I stopped using them around 3-4 months I think. They still fit around her legs and thighs fine, and I suspect maybe they would still fit now, but I could not stand the plumber's crack she had with their low-rise

·
Registered
56 Posts
my 10 week old was getting snap marks on his thighs from them when they were snapped on the top row, second one in. they were too loose though on the first snap, so I just put them away and will try them in a couple weeks to see if they fit any better

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I don't know, i always started right in with 1s so I'd only need to buy 1s and 2s! Haven't even tried a 0 to see how that would fit...

·
Registered
179 Posts
My DS is 10 mos, 18 1/2 lbs, 29 1/2 inches, and he is wearing the 1's on one of the smallet settings (not overlapped anymore). He wore the 0's until he was about 6 months and then he seemed too long for them YKWIM?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I've never tried a 0. I started in with size 1's cuz that's what I had leftover from dd#1. I never had to cross over the tabs for my chubby guy, except on one where the elastic is leaving. I envision using these size ones for well over a year...maybe two. Depends on the absorbancy issue. I'm happy to be getting my money's worth out of them.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
: Hmmm. I'm dying to buy more of these (so soft!), but was afraid they would be a waste of money since I'm guessing I'll have a chubby baby. DS outgrew most of his NB size diapers within weeks. But if they last a few months, well then....
:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Both my boys were really big babies (10 lbs, 11 0z & 11 lbs 0.4oz) with long rises, so they only fit for about 4 weeks, but we stretched them to about 6 weeks. My 8 week old is over 16 pounds and 26+ inches long! I just sold our KL 0s, because I figure that even if we decide to have another DC someday, the chances of our having a 7 pounder are nil, so we'll probably just do something else from the start.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.