Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
My ds started playing with his as soon as he could pull up to stand. It is funny because I was watching him play with it today and remembering how he could hardly see up over the counter when he started using it. Now he seems to tower over it. How he has used it and interacted with it has evolved over the past couple years so it has been a great toy in so many ways.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
My DD is going to be two in a few weeks, and I'm planning on buying one for her birthday gift. She had the chance to play with her cousins' a few weeks ago, and had a lot of fun with it. Most of the ones I've seen seem to be recommended for three and up, but I think a two year old could get a lot out of it and even a younger child, too. I think the biggest limitation is when they're tall enough to reach.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My daughter has played with it in different ways at different stages. She liked opening the doors and taking things out at around 15 months. At 18 months she was into putting things away in it, and hanging the utensils on the hooks. At 24 months, she is starting to pretend play, like "filling" a teapot at the faucet.

I got the "Play Wonder Kitchen Play Set" from Target, but I didn't put the legs on the kitchen when I assembled it. I think it's more stable and easier for a toddler to play with without the legs.

My nieces are 6 and 7, and they still play with their kitchen set, and they have costumes, menus, restaurant order pads, a recyling center, etc. It was clear I wasn't going to get theirs as a hand-me-down at any point in the near future!

·
Registered
407 Posts
We got the twins a big play kitchen for their 3rd birthday, and it was a huge hit with all the kids. Dd3 was about 16 months and she loved it as much as them. Dd4 has played with it pretty much since she was able to sit up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.