Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any KitchenAid food grinder users out there? Do you like it for making baby food? Have you used the strainer attachment for baby food or juice? Do you just leave the KitchenAid out on the counter in the kitchen bacause its so heavy?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have the attachment for my kitchen aid. I don`t leave it out, no room in my kitchen. I also don`t have any experience making baby food. I have a bun in the oven, EDD 10/16. I will say it is great for grinding meat, much cheaper than buying ground and you get better meat, less fat. The strainer works really well on tomatoes, raspberries etc.. I think it would make a very smooth baby food. I think it works best with larger ammounts of stuff. Or maybe it is just that if I am going to get it out to use I want to do a lot. LOL.<br>
HTH,<br>
Kathryn

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kathryn. I will give it a try. I will freeze in small amounts like I did with the Cuisenart. I think I have room to leave the huge thing on the counter. They are so heavy...good for the flabby arms. Good luck with the birth. I still get goosebumps thinking about my boys' birthdays...all of them. Wow do I love my boys!!!

·
Premium Member
31,346 Posts
I have a few of the Kitchen Aid attachments including the grinder and strainer. Worked great for making applesauce when I used it and I didn't hav eto worry about seeds or peel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts