Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my kitties, Gonzo, has diarrhea .
There have been no food changes, no major stress - what should I do? She's acting fairly normal, but the litterbox is.. ugh, it's bad. Anything I can give her to make her feel better? All 3 furries are on Innova Evo, and its been that way for a few months now. This is the first I've noticed any tummy troubles, and when I scooped the litter yesterday everything looked normal, so this is the first I've seen of issues. I only figured out something was up because she came into the room dragging her butt on the carpet, thankfully not leaving a "snailtrail" on teh rug. I went over to the litterbox to see if there was too much hair in her poop (we've had hairball issues in the past with 'danglers') and it was a liquid mess that smelled.... well... really-really-really bad. I don't want to just run to the vet, but I want to make sure she feels alright. What would you do?

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Try getting some probiotics into her, my cat likes Kefir but he'll eat yogurt too if he must, otherwise just give her about 1/2 a human capsule of probiotic.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yogurt? Awesome - she'll just love that - she's a dairy-a-holic, and yogurt is a favorite of hers.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm bumping my old thread because now another cat is having issues. I'm a wee bit more worried because this is my older girl, she is 12/13 or so, and we just got back from vacation to a WRETCHED smelling house. She pee'd outside the litter boxes (which were scooped that day or the day before by our petsitter - they weren't bad at all) and pooped on the kitchen floor. But it wasn't normal poop, but a runny pile of yuck. She won't eat yogurt, and seems otherwise healthy. Could it just be the stress of us not being here for 5 days?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I would give her a few days before worrying since your absence can very well have caused the diarrhea, since that is a common sign of stress. One of my cats when stressed will hold his poop and then when he goes, he's constipated then diarrhea for the next couple of times. The other cat will lose weight no matter what while I'm gone even though he's eating. These are all signs that may be mistaken as illness, but they always resolve within a week of our return.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks - I'm gonna keep an eye on her for a few days and see how it goes. I did offer her some yogurt, and she ate it, so I may give her a tsp every night for a few nights and see if that helps too. She just seems really tweaked that we left her. She's been in a lap since we walked in teh door just about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.