Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only know the Kiwi love, but was wondering if anyone has both and how are they compared to eachother? And what would Luxe Baby's nighttime cover be? And anyone know when Luxe will be open for customs again?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I don't have a Luxebaby to compare to my Kiwi's, but I do know that she will be stocking later on in July and will have a few custom order spots then....

HTH

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I have both and like them both for different reasons. The Kiwi is very soft and plush, the Luxe is very stretchy. They are both great, but totally different. I like to put the Luxe under cloths, but right now the Kiwi is a little big on ds and does'nt fit well under cloths.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
I have lots of Kiwi and two Luxe right now. I will be pacing her front door for a custom slot in late July though, and of course there will always be deep love and the fact that I cannot get enough Kiwi from Maria. The workmanship on both is superior. I just LOVE them both. I consider these true luxury diapers. They feel so soft and natural and good on the baby bum as you can get.
I have not paraded my Luxe YET, but the Kiwi's get major attention from people. One woman even rubbed it against her face in the bathroom after I changed DD. It was the cashmere periwinkle. SHe took a big chance no poo got on it. LOL.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Summer, I can't believe a stranger face petted your Kiwi! That is pretty cool-I love it when non-CDers appreciate and admire my quality fluff.

I have both but I haven't actually used my Luxe yet. It's really stretchy and trim, whereas all the Kiwi I have is not super stretchy fabric--it's felted and works great as far as performance goes, as well as thick/lush quality goes. It has lots of elastic to cover any diaper, and is pretty full cut (I don't have any trim cut ones). They are just divine, but I don't have too much Luxe experience yet to compare (although it's LOOKING SO LUXE and so far I LOVE IT with sparkly painted suns and everything!
).

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterflymom
Summer, I can't believe a stranger face petted your Kiwi! That is pretty cool-I love it when non-CDers appreciate and admire my quality fluff.

I have both but I haven't actually used my Luxe yet. It's really stretchy and trim, whereas all the Kiwi I have is not super stretchy fabric--it's felted and works great as far as performance goes, as well as thick/lush quality goes. It has lots of elastic to cover any diaper, and is pretty full cut (I don't have any trim cut ones). They are just divine, but I don't have too much Luxe experience yet to compare (although it's LOOKING SO LUXE and so far I LOVE IT with sparkly painted suns and everything!
).

Yes, she put her face to it. LOL. I was like lasy that has pee on it. LOL. She was an older woman who did not care. She was so sweet. She said.."A little pee won't hurt anyone, it'll humble me" LOL.
You will LOVE your luxe too. I really like the cable knit for naptime with the wool doubler. The raspberry one I have is so nice and trim. I put it on Carrie under these little jean shorts yesterday, it looked so cute.
I *really* like Maria's KIO's. She sent me one in short organic velour. SO soft. I cannot use it for night or a long nap, but I really like it for daytime use in the pink jersey cover.

Summie

ETA: Where is a pic of this sparkly painted sun diaper?????

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mthomas
so who's open for customs in July? KP or LB?
Word is Jesse from Luxe Baby may open up in July for customs. That has not been confirmed by her to my knowledge though.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I asked her(nosy me) and she said mid-late July she'll open for a very few number of custom slots. But she does plan on having lots of in-stock at that time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts