Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am thinking about trying to get a large cover tomorrow (YEAH, RIGHT!) and am wondering what wool would be best for a heavy wetter? We have wool jersey covers and it isn't really working right now. Thanks!

·
Registered
946 Posts
My virgin wool isn't nearly as thick for nighttime as cashmere, angora is only slightly thinner than the cashmere, so that'd be my pick #2. She used to have some australian wool that was just amazing for overnights.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, that helps to know. We use pickle pants and aristocrats for nighttime, just need day covers. I prefer trim if possible but good for heavy wetting. If that's not a contradiction!
But I will do bulky if needed. DS has started soaking everything, we have bought some new dipes with more layers of hemp and now it's covers we need. His midweight FCB covers get pretty wet even after heavy lanolizing and frequent changing. Does anyone know how the different Kiwi Pie wools compare to the FCB? We sold the lightweight FCB I had because it was way too thin for him.
Sharon

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I have a lightweight FCB a midweight FCB and a Cashmere KP, the lightweight will sweat if he wears it a while but the medium weight seems to hold up ok(he doesnt wear it much though) and the KP seems to never be wet on any side, LOL

I think a cashmere would probably be good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.