Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi everyone,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My almost 18-month-old daughter is still not walking. She knee-walks and she is quite proficient & fast at it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This is the only development she is late at, she became mobile very early on and was already pulling herself up and cruising furniture by 9 months so we thought she'll be walking in no time. She has taken steps on her own (only 4 or 5) but they're far and in-between. She'll push her stroller, stand by herself or walk while holding our hands but that's it. She seems frightened to let go and will make a huge deal if she stumbles.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>At first I thought she'll walk when she's ready, but I'm slowly losing patience. All of her playmates are already walking and our play dates are getting uncomfortable (perhaps only for me). I feel she'd like to join them in their play but can't keep up :( And I guess I am tired of hearing the same question over and over again "is she walking yet?".</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've got a doctor's appointment soon just to be on the safe side of things but my gut feeling is there is nothing wrong (she puts a lot of weight on her legs and will climb everywhere).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The moment she realizes I'm trying to get her to walk she'll refuse to stand up at all and will start crying. I'll be so grateful for any advice on how to encourage her to walk without being pushy...</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts