Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried knitting with needles and I just can't seem to get the hang of it. I'm considering getting a knitting loom...anyone with experience using one? Would you say it is easier than plain old knitting?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
About a thousand times easier!!!! I know how to knit (knit only, LOL) on needles. The loom is easy to use and quick. As far as I can tell you can do just about anything on a loom as you can on needles. The gauge IS looser though. But there are tricks around that.

AM

·
Registered
411 Posts
I would suggest getting a set of kniftey knitters to start off with. Then if you like it you can get some of the more expensive looms. I didn't think I could knit with needles at all my gauge was always to tight using the looms really helped me get a feel for how stiches are worked and I gained confidence. now I knit with needles and I keep getting better all the time

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
I love both ways of knitting. The looms (I would start w/the Knifty Knitter) can be as complex as you like, but somehow it helps to have the stitches sort of "controlled" like they are on a loom. Try it and enjoy! There are tons of patterns on the internet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.