Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to beg my sister to knit me some wool doublers -- or whatever the things are that go somewhere in the diaper to increase absorbancy. Has anyone done this? In my mind, I picture a rectangle, but really, I have no idea. If you have knit one, or just have one, do you have any suggestions or directions for making them? Thanks. I'm desperate with my very heavy wetter!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just knit a rectangle, on smaller needles than usual (I think it was worsted yarn on size 4 needles), in garter stitch--so it knits up dense & cushy. I made mine about 5" wide (older baby) and as long as my favorite nighttime cover. Mine works great without felting; laid between cover & diaper, it helps keep all the "humidity" inside the cover.<br><br>
I would think felting would make it work even better, but to do that you'd want to work on bigger needles (small, tight stitches don't felt well) and increase the size, especially in length. It might take some trial & error, as small pieces in general don't felt as well/quickly.<br><br>
For us, this little bit of wool has made all the difference in getting to the morning dry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts