Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a long shot, but I'm a little desperate.

I need an attorney for a contested guardianship. So far, the special needs/disability attorneys I've met with are primarily about cooperation and working things out. That's what I thought I needed, initially. Now, unfortunately, I'm kind of looking for the equivalent of a low-down, dirty divorce attorney, who specializes in special needs law.

:frown:

·
Registered
11,576 Posts
I know this is a long shot, but I'm a little desperate.

I need an attorney for a contested guardianship. So far, the special needs/disability attorneys I've met with are primarily about cooperation and working things out. That's what I thought I needed, initially. Now, unfortunately, I'm kind of looking for the equivalent of a low-down, dirty divorce attorney, who specializes in special needs law.

:frown:
This is a long shot, but I would check with ARC. http://www.arcind.org/

They are a very solid organization, and they do a lot of work with adults who require some level of support from family. They might be able to help you find the right attorney for your situation.

I'm very sorry for what you are going through, and I hope that the right help is just around the corner.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Ni suggestions, just wanted to express support. So sorry you're dealing with this, I'm sure you can find a good lawyer for the job!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts