Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor thinks I have a poor ovarian reserve because I failed a Clomid Challenge Test...

Anyway, I am hoping for a miracle and not relying on any medical intervention.

My periods are irregular. I do not know if when I do have a "period" if I have actually ovulated or not.

For a while I started charting my temp and cervical mucus but I do not have the best sleeping patterns. I have always been a poor sleeper and don't trust my temps because I can not always take my temperature consistantly at the same time each morning. Not to mention I hate charting.

This is the big question:
So, I am relying mostly on cervical mucus. Feb + March I was totally dry and I didn't get a period. This week had a substantial amount of CM and EWCM. Is it safe to assume I have ovulated or is it possible to have EWCM and not ovulate?

Thanks for any info you all can share.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You can have EWCM and not ovulate. It happens from an increase in estrogen as your body is gearing up to try to O, but it doesn't guarantee anything. Shortly after my pregnancy loss I started having EWCM, I even got a +OPK at that time...but temp charting showed I didn't O that cycle...by next cycle I was back to Oing again. Without temp charting you can't be sure if O is happening and if your cycles are irregular it is harder to know what your body is or isn't doing.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
You could try the OvaCue. It tests your oral and vaginal electrolytes to confirm ovulation. I had been charting, but I wanted to confirm ovulation, and I got the electrolyte spikes like I was supposed to which was reassuring. Now if that could translate into a pregnancy I'd be ecstatic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was afraid of the possiblity of not ovulating but still having EWCM. I guess I need to get back to charting. I hate charting but it seems like I really have no other alternative. I will also look into the using the ovulation predicter kits. The difficulty is because my periods are all over the place I waste a lot of tests and money becuase I don't have a regular cycle.

I am so hoping for a miracle and not ready to give up...

Thanks for your replies.

Monika -38
2 beautiful girls 17 and 8
missing my baby boy born silent in June 2008 at 24 weeks
Hoping for another miracle baby

·
Registered
234 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by babybeemama View Post
My doctor thinks I have a poor ovarian reserve because I failed a Clomid Challenge Test....
My first question is this one, why your Doctor think? & Why your Doctor doesn't did you test to know how is your ovarian reserve.

For me clomid doesn't work too, my answer to the medicine was well but my my lutea phase became 2 short, usually (don't know the right word in english but i will try to do it) they call that is a wrong answer from my body to the medicine, later we use tamoxifen and I had a very good answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babybeemama View Post
My periods are irregular. I do not know if when I do have a "period" if I have actually ovulated or not.

For a while I started charting my temp and cervical mucus but I do not have the best sleeping patterns.
This is the second point, I think to must find first the reason why your periods are irregular, there are many reasons for irregular periods, I know is horrible making tests but is the best thing to know how to work with your infertility.

My periods use to be regular with 24 days, after a Miscarriage 4 years ago, my periods became irregular, the reason wansn't Ovulating, but my body still producing estrogen to make the endometrium grow but it wasn't enough for make the rupture of the folicule, after a couple of exams and ultrasounds they find out my LUF Syndrome and in consecuence of this syndrome start my endometriosis. The other answer is that I am getting old, so probably my periods never change as it was before..... so for Ovulating we use injections.

Girl we all hate doing exams, opening the legs
: everytime that we visit the Doctor, but the best thing for saving money and time is doing all the procedures with a Doctor that work with infertility problems

For the ovaric reserve you need one test without stimulation and another one with stimulation, there are many medicines that you can use..... if this one doesn't work, try another one.

Ask for the answers and don't stay with what the Doctor think, because they have the tools to find out the right answer for you, you are paying for their medical services.

I chart my own situation since I wass 13 years old, not for family planning just from bring to my Doctor a diary of my periods because since I have memory I have a lot of pain. My chart was one of the main tool to make my Doctor investigate the reason of my pain and irregular periods. Since I had my surgery last year I haven't write anymore the chart coz they were doing for me

good luck and I wish you get the answer for your personal situation

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Victorian Patch- Thanks for your words of encouragement and insight.

I am very frustrated with my doctors. I know you are right that I should get more testing... I am just not in the position to be able to afford it. (My husband and I are teachers.)

I am on cycle day 54!!!! I have never gone this long without a period!!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well try to write down with your own words your own chart, if you use a Public system or something similar try to investigate the best place for you and your wallet.

I understand your situation being a teacher, all the teachers have bad salary around the world and how important they are!!!!

Here in my country the public system has a place for those people that have infertility difficuties......my country system I know is worse than yours, I wish you find the right place for your situation.

And sorry if I was rude with you, but I look for my Doctor for a long time, I live away from the city, so all the cost for treatment are a bit higher, every time that I got to the city I spend 10 dollars in gasoline, so that money I have to add to my treatment, but I ask to my doctor for those medicines that laboratories sent to the doctors to help them testing with their patients, he save them for me, so every time that I visit him, he gaves me a bag full of pills for a month
I really wish you find a very good "Doctor & Buddy"

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Victorian Patch - You are not rude. I REALLY WANT TO THANK YOU FOR TRYING TO HELP. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...

I have posted before and did not always get a response. I am grateful to anyone who tries to help.

Thanks for the other ladies posting. I will check into OvaCue and see what that is about. As for why the doctor thinks I have a poor ovarian reserve--my bloodwork on CD3 showed elevated levels of FSH. On that basis alone she was suggesting that I need to consider using donor eggs. I would love to get pregnant again, but if it is not possible with my own eggs I would not pursue fertility treatments. I would start looking into adoption.

Well, I hate testing but I am going on almost 2 months with no period and I have never gone this long.

I will wait until this weekend...

I am trying to be realistic but hopeful at the same time.

Monika

·
Registered
431 Posts

I am sorry to hear you are having such difficulty! I read your other posting on how to stop trying and I can totally relate. I don't chart either because I HATE it and my sleeping pattern is not the best. I always get up and go pee and then realize I was supposed to take my temp!!

So, I rely on my CM - and I am not consistant with that either. I do track my periods on mymonthlycycles.com so that I can see if there are any trends. You can also then do a calculation that will guess when you ovulate. So, between that and checkin DM I just try to hit some days in there.

I hope you get that little miracle you want!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Something you might want to observe in addition to your cervical mucous is your cervical position. I've been charting mine for the first time this cycle (along with CM & temping), and for the first time ever, I believe I actually nailed down an ovulation date

Basically, when you're not yet fertile, your cervix will be low, hard & closed. When you are fertile, it will be high, soft, and slightly open (I read somewhere- for a frame of reference- that when it's hard, it will feel like the tip of your nose, and when it's soft, it will feel like your lips). It's really simple, and just takes a moment in the shower to make an observation. I think after a few cycles, you start to know what to expect a bit more, but even this first cycle trying it, I found this, along with paying attention to CM, to be a great way to get an idea for my most fertile days.

Anyway, good luck to you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.