Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever gone to the knoxville AP meeting?
I am thinking of going monday but was wondering if they still meet and what they talk about.
Anyone going or does anyone know what goes on there???
thanks
susan

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Aha! There you are. Yes, they are meeting this Monday (always the last Monday of the month) at the library in Bearden. I forget the name of it, but it's near P.F. Chang's and Messiah Lutheran Church. Also, kind of off of Papermill Rd. I'll see if I can MapQuest it and post a link.

I used to go a lot but my daughter's naptime is right at the time they start and I usually have to leave about 45 minutes after I get there to go pick my son up from school. Too much driving for me to handle right now.

It's a great group full of awesome mamas. They are very support and proactive, helping people find solution when there's problems and just generally chatting about all things AP. Cosleeping, breastfeeding, etc. Sometimes stuff like Vaxing, circ, and cloth diapers comes up, and you can still talk about it.

I'd encourage you to go! It's at 10:30 a.m. I know that this Monday since it's so close to Halloween the kids are encouraged to dress up if they have a costume. Not sure if mamas are dressing up or not.

Anyway, you should totally go! It's really a wonderful group.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Okay, it's called the West Knoxville Branch and it's located at 100 Golf Club Road. That branch's phone number is 588-8813. And FYI-LLL meets at that branch, too. I think it's the first Tuesday of the month at 10:30 a.m.

And don't forget about the local Holistic Moms group!! This group is PHENOMENAL!!!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I went to the AP meeting once and we really had a good time. We haven't been back because of sickness, sleep schedules, and me forgetting
I would encourage you to go! If we get back on our sleep schedule we might go on Monday

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Hey Susan,

Did you end up going to the AP meeting? If so, how'd you like it?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going but my DD had her first awful dy of teething! It was terrible. I went to knoxville and she started screaming. ughhh I went straight to the doctor because it scared me to death. She never screams like that. They ruled out ear infections (which I was worried about) and said she was in good health just teething. It broke my heart!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Awww, I'm so sorry mama!
Isn't it terrible to be so helpless when they are in so much pain? Don't worry about the meeting, there's always next month, yk?

Have you tried the Hyland's teething tablets? Those didn't do much for us, but almost every other mama I know swears by them. We found this oil at Earth Fare called Gummo-mile (or something similar--supposed to be a combination of "gums" and "chammomile"). It's a blend of chammomile and clove oil and probably something else, but you rub it on baby's gums and it really works! It's like a natural version of Orajel.

Here's some archived info on teething, complete with a reference to gummomile! If you can, do a google search for it, that's how I found the archived thread.

Hope your babe feels better asap. Hugs to you and to her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.