Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there girls. I am new to this forum and Mother of one and pregnant with my second baby. I am really in need of someone who shares the same views of natural birth as me to help out with my birth. I am delivering at Lisa Ross and I really can't afford a doula. I would just like a sweet girl who has a lot of knowledge about birth to help with my first all natural birth. If anyone is interested email me and hopefully we can become friends, which I lack. I am having the hardest trouble finding girls with the same views as me.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'm in Chattanooga, so sorry I can't help, but I just wanted to say that all three of my babies were born at the Lisa Ross birth center - they are wonderful!
We used to live in Knoxville when my first two were born, and for my last baby we made the 1 1/2 hr trip for all my prenatals and for the birth because it was so worth it to me to have my baby there. (His middle name is Miles in honor of all the miles we drove especially for him, LOL!)

Have you asked any of the midwives if they know of any doulas-in-training who need to attend births (free of charge) to meet their training requirements? They might be able to help. Or they might be able to put you in touch with a doula who is willing to reduce her fee to work with you - I know many doulas will do that if you can't afford their regular fee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts