Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
*hehe* No kidding.. they're gorgeous, and I'm sure with the amount of time and effort they're worth a high price.. but hubby cringes if I show him a CD related thing that's over twenty bucks. :LOL I think he'd pass out cold if I showed him these... Hmmm, or maybe I could show him these to prove that the other prices aren't bad? *hehe*

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Tose snowflakes along probably took Karen a good hour or more a peice not to mention the dyeing and knitting.......work of art!!! You cannot put a price on that.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Agreed! No way to put a price on all the care and thought that went into those. Aside from the knitting and embellishing time, I can't even imagine how much work went into transforming the pics of snowflakes into the charts to embellish from. Truly amazing work. Everything about those is spectacular.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
I'm sure it was a great amount of work and they are beautiful. I can not justify spending that much money on longies.

I wouldn't spend that much on an adult item for myself, yet alone a growing baby!

I don't mean this to insult anyone. It just doesn't seem practical to me.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
WOW! those are SO pretty! Sometimes I think longies with embelishments are just too busy to look at ya know? But these.. oh man.. they make my heart go pitter patter! If whoever gets/got them gets bored with them, you can always gift them my way.. they are too small for my dd, but I'd MAKE them fit
She'd be wearing them as capri pants in the middle of the summer *LOL*

Amber

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I'm not one to spend much money on any item of clothing....but I think it's great that there are people who can, because stuff like that deserves a nice price! Karen said she spend a lot of time on those, and with her eye for design, it *is* hard to put a price on something like that! I don't think I've ever seen anything done by KSS that looked "busy", yk? The embellishments are always perfectly balanced!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I think of them as a piece of art. Really.

Practical, sure! Pants, PJs and diaper cover all in one

I mean how many people decorate their homes with art that just sits on a wall or a shelf? That isnt "practical" YKWIM? I'd much rather have something pretty to touch and wear.

I mean, in all honesty, if we all wanted practicality, we'd use recycled sweaters. They work just as well and beautiful (hand-dyed, hand-knit, embellished) pants.

Disclaimer: No offense to those who have art on their walls, just making a point

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have a 400 dollar painting on my wall right now. Do I like and love it? sure! Do I need it? no. But! Does it make me smile and brighten up my day? it sure does! I just know the mama that gets those longies will smile every single time she looks at them. They are gorgeous and would make a wonderful addition to any wool wardrobe. If I had the cash I would have paid more than that for them.

I am very thankful that the money from those longies went to a wonderful wahm instead of wal-mart etc! We are keeping the money within our community and helping one another! What a better way to enjoy the holiday season

Tam

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
I just wanted to make sure that I posted on BOTH threads that I think that those longies are stunning. They are among the most beautiful I've ever seen. If they were within my means, I would have gladly bought them. And I wouldn't feel guilty about it. Because I'm a Libertarian. So there.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Another thing to remember is that she had to knit them up - then have the nerve to dip finished knitting in DYE. It could have been a failure and all that time would have been wasted. So you're not just paying for her time, you're paying for her experience.

They are impractical but hey why not?
I think hyena items go a long way toward keeping cloth diapering interesting and fun for those that *might* not cd otherwise.

Oh and I'm not a hyena but I like to watch.
Shoot I haven't had a $250.00 garment since my wedding day and that was a looonnnggg time ago lol.

Elizabeth

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Those are absolutely beautiful! amazing. I love them. But we don't have 1 pair of longies, and it's probably best if we don't test the longie waters with a $250 pair!

Isn't she reducing the price in $10 increments? or, are they sold even as I write this post?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.