Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you like your kushie all in ones?i'm looking to buy some inexpensive all in ones and found kushies to be very reasonable.i'm wondering if they're any good though.i was going to buy one to try but the shipping was almost as much as the diaper so i thought i would ask the pros first.

any info would be great.thanks.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I know a lot of people think kushies are the armpit of AIOs, but we used them for a while and they worked well for us. I do not have a super soaker ds, though, so that may be why. Resale is good on them, though. I do think there are better AIOs out there, though. JMO.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I don't reccomend them. I used them on Moose for lack of anything else around (the kushies were given to us). He was a moderate wetter at the time. They very rarely held a whole poop in, and they wicked onto his clothes like mad. His tshirts would slip in the top and get soaked, his pants would be soaked from the crotch.

Now he's in the super soaker toddler phase, he could out-pee one in half an hour tops lol

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
We have a ton and I love them! I have only used on DD cause they are still a little big for her and they worked well for us.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The newborn size didn't fit my daughter. The legs gaped. When she was big enough for the infant size, she used those for a few months. She outgrew the rise before she outgrew the waist. I really liked these, but....they do wear out fast. I used them on her with other diapers for about 3 months. The outer waterproof layer cracks where it folds and rubs. I was so disappointed, because I was banking on using them through several children. Save your money! Buy something else that lasts longer. There are plenty of affordable AIO's out there. Also they are not very a heavy wetting baby. I had to change my daugher fairly often. If you are breastfeeding, consider the ME AIO's they really hold in the pooh.
Good luck!

·
Registered
191 Posts
They never worked for us - everything (oh, I mean everything) just slipped right out the sides of the legs. They actually turned me off to AIOs for the longest time. I love the term a previous poster mentioned - the armpit of AIOs. I'd say that's pretty accurate!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Before I knew much about the current state of cloth diapering I registered for some Kushies on our BRU baby gift registry. We got a pack of the infant AIOs, and they just didn't work. We switched to Bummis and hemp soakers after less than a week.

·
Registered
365 Posts
ditto all the negatives. I think kushies are great at promoting their stuff, so many people buy them as their first attempt at cloth, & they may well be a factor when people don't then stick with cloth. they are crispy & icky with no elastic on the waist & weird soakers that stick out & wick. they take forever to dry. I found them so terrible I couldn't in good conscience even try to sell them.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2babybees
ME= Mother-Ease

Another affordable but high quality AIO is www.bum-ware.com

ohh.... mother ease.i knew it had to be mother something. :LOL i have a bumware on the way.i'll have to check out the mother ease.thanks to everybody for all the help.i really don't want the armpit of diapering.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts