Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I don't have time to search for info on this (little guy is running all around!) but I have been using kushies which seem great because of the all in one deal and the wet-proof outer shell. Are any of you using these and do you have complaints or praises to share? Sometimes the front doesn't form fit so he pees a little on his clothing... and at night he soaks them- although that could just be because he EATS ALL NIGHT
: I know a lot of you recommend fuzzibuns and I'd like to know why? and whatever other brands or advice you have! Thanks for reading my rambling!
:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I really like Happy Heinys over FuzzyBuns, they have the aplix which I find much easier to deal with, and I like the cut better as well.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
nak
i love my kushies but i will usually reach for ahappy heiny at bedtime. if i don't have a HH a kushie is my next grab and DD will wear it allnight no prob. (not nak anymore, LOL) But DD usually does not wake up to eat at night, so she stays pretty dry.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I have a few kushies which I use when out and about. I haven't had any problems once DD actually grew into them but she is so skinny that it took ages before I could get the legs tight enough not to leak. I have never found them particulary absorbant though, there is no way she would make it through the night in one without leaks.

We also had some fuzzi bunz when she was smaller. I stuffed them with prefolds and found them more absorbant than the kushies. The main advantage for me though was the drying time, so much less than the kushies. I liked the stay dry aspect of the fleace but I find it picks up lint really easily. Most of my stash is terry so there can be a lot of lint

The only other thing I've tried is wonderoos, one size seemed a good idea. I've never really got them to fit right on DD though. They haven't leaked but they alway look like they will. I also find that the inner if them picks up more lint than the fleace.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
I love our FuzziBunz because you can customize the amount of absorbancy in them, and they have hip snaps which help to limit leakage.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was given a few Kushies Ultras & we bought some more from a friend who bought them & decided CD wasnt for them. I had to wait forever until they fit my little guy. They say 10lbs, but he was over 15 before I'd say they remotely fit. We've used them alot over the past 3 weeks but we've had tons of leaks especially on the waist band of pants/shorts. Already I'd say they are getting small. It took forever for my little guy to get chubby legs when he was growing taller. Now at 18 weeks hes finally getting chubby.
I bought some Kushies basix diapers on the weekend to try them with a bummis wrap and I've still had leaks this time out the legs. I've decided that the kushies just aren't absorbant enough for mr. heavywetter!
While waiting for the kushies to fit, we've been using Jamtots Hemp inserts as prefold diapers with a bummis wrap and a snappi as our usual diaper. These I love. They are super absorbant, wash well, and dry fast.

If I had to do it again I wouldn't bother with the kushies...even though their customer service is AMAZING. I would go all hemp.

Pam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.