Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,<br><br>
i just realized that this baby is coming any day and i still haven't washed/lanolized all these wool covers! i bought a bar of the l.a.m.b. lanolizing wool soap and a bunch of the little shaving samples that she sells, too. on the site it says that the samples can be used in a washing machine. so, here are my questions:<br><br>
*have any of you used l.a.m.b. shavings in a washing machine? how about in a front loader? i'm a little worried about suds. it would be *really great* if i could wash and lanolize all my wool in the machine (it has a wool setting, so i can do it without felting anything), but i don't want to if it's going to be like a scene out of "mr. mom". also, i'm assuming that i should do this on a cold setting (about 85 degrees)--will that be enough to melt the soap, or do i need to do it warmer?<br><br>
*finally, since the l.a.m.b. stuff is so lanolizing, is it okay to use it to wash the wool every time, or is it better to alternate with something else? is there such a thing as lanolin buildup?<br><br>
hi, yes, totally new at this. thanks for any answers!<br><br>
*jennifer

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi,<br><br>
thought i'd post an update on this in case anyone else was curious...i ended up calling jessica and asking her--bless her, she posts her cell phone number on the site! she suggested dissolving one flake of the sample soup in some hot water and using it in place of detergent, for a couple soakers. i was washing all my soakers, but i started with that just (on the woolens setting in a front loader) in case they were really sudsy. that didn't seem to do it, so i did another load using about 4 flakes, and i think that worked.<br><br>
*j

1 - 2 of 2 Posts