Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
hmm. i dunno about fantasies per se, but the closer this gets the more I feel like I ought to be in the water during labor/birth.... It's always in the evening hours, and there's candlelight, and then we can order pizza!!
: where do I come up with these things??

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

In my birth fantasies the contractions are always described as a "tightening" and are never preceived as painful. I don't even force that thought, it's just how they are in my mind.

For one of the fantasies each cx makes progress that I can feel~I visualize my cervix being pulled open over the baby's head~ and I can feel the baby's cardinal movements in my pelvis. I birth before the midwife gets here and I usually birth in our big non-tub shower at the end of that one.
That's the one that runs thru my head most frequently.

I also have extensive fantasies about how the phone tree is going to work and how the conversations will go when I call various people in labor.

Last night I had a dream where I wiped after using the toilet and there was blood. I think it was my mucus plug before labor. I feel like I'm going to get to loose it before labor this time.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i go into labor very early on april 30 (my due date is may 2nd). i labor easily for several hours and when it starts to get a little overwhelming, i call my doula. she comes over and helps me cope until my contractions are less than five minutes apart. i am utilizing my hypnobirthing well and it is helping a lot. just then, my mom, dad, MIL and GMIL arrive at our house (they all live four hours away). my little ds is very excited to have the company and me, dh and doula are able to leave for the hospital easily. we travel the short mile to the hospital and are greeted by my midwife. she checks me and discovers that i am 8 cm dilated. i deal well with contractions and transition. i deliver the baby in the evening of the 30th - a successful VBAC. we discover it's a ???? and we are thrilled! the baby takes to breastfeeding easily.

my family brings ds up to meet his new sibling. he falls asleep with us and the nurses don't say anything at all. we spend our first night together happy and as a family.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post

In my birth fantasies the contractions are always described as a "tightening" and are never preceived as painful. I don't even force that thought, it's just how they are in my mind.

For one of the fantasies each cx makes progress that I can feel~I visualize my cervix being pulled open over the baby's head~ and I can feel the baby's cardinal movements in my pelvis. I birth before the midwife gets here and I usually birth in our big non-tub shower at the end of that one.
That's the one that runs thru my head most frequently.
I wonder if this will come true? I'll be exited to hear how it goes for you!!
I somehow kept imagining my son being born on the way to the hospital for some reason, I have no idea why, but I knew I was going to be quick. And he was actually born in the car on the way on the highway!! Funny how things can be instintive and turn out that way!

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'm going to want to open up this thread again at the end of May. . .

I want to read more of the fantasies
:

Another one I have is that I have really mild prodromal labor for a few days before active labor. In that fantasy I have a good attitude and I am happy to have an active uterus

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The one that came to mind last night when I wasn't sleeping (like I never am) was this: I am expecting a long, drawn-out labor, but can't be sure, so when cx are regular, DH and I head for a hotel near the fsbc so I need not drive an hour in hard labor. We are in one of the jacuzzi suites, and I am in the tub. I drink some mega-strong RRL tea and suddenly things move really fast (just like the RRL tea legend). I deliver into DHs hands just as doula arrives. She calls mw who rushes over to find me and DH all cuddled up with healthy DS#2, placenta not yet delivered.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by aran View Post
The one that came to mind last night when I wasn't sleeping (like I never am) was this: I am expecting a long, drawn-out labor, but can't be sure, so when cx are regular, DH and I head for a hotel near the fsbc so I need not drive an hour in hard labor. We are in one of the jacuzzi suites, and I am in the tub. I drink some mega-strong RRL tea and suddenly things move really fast (just like the RRL tea legend). I deliver into DHs hands just as doula arrives. She calls mw who rushes over to find me and DH all cuddled up with healthy DS#2, placenta not yet delivered.
Cool! That idea about getting a hotel near the BC is brilliant too!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Mine is that I don't realize that I'm really in true labor and only think I'm uncomfortable b/c they don't hurt. While I'm "uncomfortable" I get in the tub at my house as my dd (13 yr old) reads to me and then realize that I HAVE to push! DD calls DH and tells him and other dd come in and we all watch as baby comes into this world into mine and DD's hands, in our home with just the 5 of us here. So I give birth at home with just my family. That is my truly what I wish for, what I think will happen though is much different.. Oh well a girl can dream.

·
Registered
506 Posts
my silly/scary fantasy is that my water breaks at my graduation (2 weeks "early") and everyone goes nuts

my real "this would be a dream come true" hbac fantasy
is that i have a long but managable early labor where i can spend some time with my family, go for a walk, watch a movie, eat, sleep. things start to speed up and intensify and i call my doula who comes over and massages me and tells me to take a shower and makes tea. things are progressing and i am able to stay calm and focused. my stepmother comes over to be with ds and she is also calm and reassuring and brings me a smoothie.

i talk to the midwife and she decides to come over. i get into the tub to wait for her. i don't throw up during transition. i talk myself out of any panicky feelings of doubt. there is pain but i can breathe through it.

my doula and midwife are supportive and encouraging. dp is wiping my forehead with a cool cloth, giving me sips of water and taking a picture here and there. ds and stepmom are around but quiet.

my body knows when it's time to push and has the strength and energy to do so effectively. the baby comes down and i stretch magnificently.

i push my baby girl out! she is healthy, lovely and serene and everyone is crying and laughing.

placenta comes out easily. i only tear a little. nursing begins beautifully and someone brings me something to eat. the apartment is clean. the laundry is done. everyone else goes home and we all cuddle up and sleep for a few hours.

then comes the posting and the phone tree...but that's a whole other fantasy.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
i love reading these! i want to come back to them at the end of may, too.

here's mine....

i go into labor late morning....9ish. contractions are bearable & i'm able to spend time with my girls, preparing them for what's to come. around naptime, contraction pickup & my mom takes over childcare while dh & i go for a walk outside. the sun is shining brightly & the birds are singing. we see a few neighbors & happily share our news that Baby is on the way! after the walk, my sister & dearest friend arrive & they help me get into the tub/pool because i'm ready for a rest. the windows are open & there's a beautiful breeze coming in the window. quiet music is playing, people are chatting softly & i'm completely in my element. the midwife arrives just as my water breaks & i have the urge to push. i don't truly push, however. i let my body do the work & our sweet baby is born gently in the water.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by violetisadora View Post
my silly/scary fantasy is that my water breaks at my graduation (2 weeks "early") and everyone goes nuts

my real "this would be a dream come true" hbac fantasy
is that i have a long but managable early labor where i can spend some time with my family, go for a walk, watch a movie, eat, sleep. things start to speed up and intensify and i call my doula who comes over and massages me and tells me to take a shower and makes tea. things are progressing and i am able to stay calm and focused. my stepmother comes over to be with ds and she is also calm and reassuring and brings me a smoothie.

i talk to the midwife and she decides to come over. i get into the tub to wait for her. i don't throw up during transition. i talk myself out of any panicky feelings of doubt. there is pain but i can breathe through it.

my doula and midwife are supportive and encouraging. dp is wiping my forehead with a cool cloth, giving me sips of water and taking a picture here and there. ds and stepmom are around but quiet.

my body knows when it's time to push and has the strength and energy to do so effectively. the baby comes down and i stretch magnificently.

i push my baby girl out! she is healthy, lovely and serene and everyone is crying and laughing.

placenta comes out easily. i only tear a little. nursing begins beautifully and someone brings me something to eat. the apartment is clean. the laundry is done. everyone else goes home and we all cuddle up and sleep for a few hours.

then comes the posting and the phone tree...but that's a whole other fantasy.

I have to say it all sounded very realistic until the end there
. I think I need to add something similar to my positive thinking, cause hey, who knows?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
my only fantasy is that I get through transition without panic and without begging them to knock my but out LOL.
actually for some reason I keep picturing this baby being born in my front room. I dont know why, i dont have a HB planned, and the hospital is 35 minutes away

·
Registered
892 Posts
laura - you know what you are doing is exactly we have been learning in hypnobirthing -- good visualizations = good birth, you get what you ask for ...

so no, its not weird!

deb

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yes, I have a fantasy of having a quiet, relaxing, romantic birth with candles, music and aromatheropy
I really hope it all comes togethor like I want it too

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slingin'Momto4 View Post
Yes, I have a fantasy of having a quiet, relaxing, romantic birth with candles, music and aromatheropy
I really hope it all comes togethor like I want it too

Totally OT, but I have to finally say this...
Your screen name always brings to mind an image of some sort of super woman who is carrying four children in slings simultaneously. Every single time I see a post from you... this is what I think: "Wow slinging four at a time must be really hard"

OK... sorry to interrupt the thread but I had to get that out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.