Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized this is a pretty cool feat! Anyone else out there forty or older and nursing a baby/toddler/kid? My dc3 is almost 17 months and absolutley in love with Mamas-Milk...not sure he ever plans on stopping.


I have to say I have not had any issues breastfeeding him at my age at all. Not even low energy. Maybe a little less patience since I have other kids running around with their own lives and needs...

I thought this could be a good forum for discussing this great accomplishment and to let people out there know we exist and are happy and healthy to boot!



Bean

We need our own smilie!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
I'm 41 and my almost 4 y o is almost weaned. But at age 40 we were still going strong! Good for you Mama! If your dc goes for as long as mine did, you will be older than me by the time they are weaned - and I think that is wonderful!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rox5266 View Post
I'm 41 and my almost 4 y o is almost weaned. But at age 40 we were still going strong! Good for you Mama! If your dc goes for as long as mine did, you will be older than me by the time they are weaned - and I think that is wonderful!
Nice to meet you! You rock!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Hi,I am 42years old-pushing 43 nursing 26 mo old dd day and night .DD. loves her milkies and often dictates her preferences for nursing locale ie. "milk in bed " etc..soooo precious!
TTC another dc. will tandem if desired..if I am blessed w/another child
I've never had supply issues or any ill effects from nursing .
I appreciate my body's strength and abundance .
Thanks for starting this thread -looking forward to hearing from others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,686 Posts
Bean,
Thanks for your post. I am 41 pushing 42 (end of July); Working & Pumping, Tandeming with a soon to be 1 year old (this week!) and a soon to be 3 year old (end of August).

Not bad for someone who is pretty mainstream overall.
~Cath
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by timneh_mom View Post
I'm 38, but I have an almost 4 month old DD. If she nurses as long as DS has (and still is!) I will be nursing at 40 and beyond. If we have a third baby someday, I'll be here!!


Quote:

Originally Posted by being View Post
Hi,I am 42years old-pushing 43 nursing 26 mo old dd day and night .DD. loves her milkies and often dictates her preferences for nursing locale ie. "milk in bed " etc..soooo precious!
TTC another dc. will tandem if desired..if I am blessed w/another child
I've never had supply issues or any ill effects from nursing .
I appreciate my body's strength and abundance .
Thanks for starting this thread -looking forward to hearing from others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CathMac View Post
Bean,
Thanks for your post. I am 41 pushing 42 (end of July); Working & Pumping, Tandeming with a soon to be 1 year old (this week!) and a soon to be 3 year old (end of August).

Not bad for someone who is pretty mainstream overall.
~Cath
Wow! I feel honored to be in the presense of such amazing women. You are truly inspiring to me and are a great role models for the other Mamas following in our footsteps!



~Bean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,885 Posts
count me as almost in! i turn 40 in 2 weeks and i'm excited about it! i'm nursing 4, the youngest is almost 11 mos and the oldest is 7 (but he's down to once every few days since summer began...)
i'm not kidding when i tell people who ask that i'll probably be nursing through menopause (or at least the beginning of it).

never thought i'd be doing any of this when i turned 30
:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
That's me!
I am 42 soon to be 43 in September nursing a 8.5 week old, my first baby.


I wish I had more milk supply even though I am sporting a pair of DD-F sized girls but I think we are making it. I am a little worried about how to build a supply for going back to work in August.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
I'll be 43 in August. I am nursing my 4.5 year old and will be getting a new baby for my birthday! My due date is August 24th amd my birthday on the 21st. I am also mama to six older children. On July 2nd I will celebrate 27 years of motherhood and breastfeeding. I plan to still be nursing when I am 47/48.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
yes...I am pushing 43 in a few months and have a DD who is 2.6 years old. I have nursed 3 children, she is my longest nursed and most boobie addicted

Age doesn't really matter at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
Cool thread. I'm so glad to know that you're all out there. Funny timing...I was just thinking about this yesterday morning. I'm 47 and I'm nursing a 5.5-year-old. She nurses once a day and is still getting some Mama milk when she nurses. She was born when I was 41 and we never had any problems with nursing. Doing CLW. I hope she weans before she leaves for college ;-).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,159 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lushlife View Post
yes...I am pushing 43 in a few months and have a DD who is 2.6 years old. I have nursed 3 children, she is my longest nursed and most boobie addicted

Age doesn't really matter at all.
Wow .... this is me. Only I'm not 'pushing 43', I've just passed 43 (birthday in May).
:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh I am so happy you guys are here!

I have to say I love nursing Finn, my youngest (16 months). Man he is so into nursing it cracks me up! Should I be worried that he absolutely adores nursing and rubbing Mommy's arm and side and looking at the mole on my shoulder? We have no schedule but I know the little pooper nurses like 20 times a day!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by momuveight2B View Post
I'll be 43 in August. I am nursing my 4.5 year old and will be getting a new baby for my birthday! My due date is August 24th amd my birthday on the 21st. I am also mama to six older children. On July 2nd I will celebrate 27 years of motherhood and breastfeeding. I plan to still be nursing when I am 47/48.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
883 Posts
Hi. Nice thread. I'm 42, nursing 1 month old boy/girl twins. I can't count how many times they nurse because one session seems to flow into the next, often w/o a break. I love it though. My little cubs have found their hands and now are into holding their ears while they nurse. Too cute.

All you moms in the 40s club rock!!!

ps. my mom has a friend who had her first child (and nursed her) at 53. She's in her 80s now. It was a surprise pregnancy, but perfectly healthy pregnancy and baby.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
I'll be 40 in September, and am nursing a 7.5 week old (2 weeks adjusted). It has been harder this time around (dd nursed until she was 3yrs 2 months, she's 6.5 now) but it's because he was a premie, not my age.

-Michelle
 
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top