Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a great LC (hopefully an IBCLC) who would do home visits in the Enfield, CT area? I have a friend with a new babe who is having some troubles.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Don't know of any in Enfield specifically, but you could try<br><br>
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC<br>
Intuitive Parenting Network<br>
(860) 918-6023<br><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><br><br>
Susan Forrester, MA, IBCLC, RLC<br>
Central Connecticut Lactation Services<br>
(860) 978-4850 (860) 978-4850<br>
CentralCTLactationServices.com<br><br><br>
Both are in West Hartford.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i had trouble finding somebody out this way too. try the lactation support department of children's hospital, 860-545-8300. we were there for four days when my daughter was two weeks old, and the LCs were really great. if they can't do home visits they can definitely point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used Kathy Pasakarnis, she was great. She is out of South Windsor and I am sure would be more than happy to travel to Enfield. She was very helpful and knowlegeable. She stayed at our house for four hours! Her email is: <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> She can also give you paperwork if you want to bill your insurance company for her visit. I had BCBS at the time and they covered one visit I believe as long as it was within two mos after the birth. Let me know if you have any other questions!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the recommendations! I have forwarded them to her along with the local LLL info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
La Leche League will be starting their monthly series meetings this July at the Enfield Public Library on Middle Rd. Mindy is the local LLL Leader. Please feel welcome to call for breastfeeding support and/or meeting information for Enfield: 860-253-0363. Good luck to your friend, I hope she found the support she was looking for!

·
Registered
1 Posts
<p>I'm sorry I did not see this sooner!  The best place to find an IBCLC is Ilca.org and look on the right hand side for Find a Lactation Consultant.  This lists IBCLCs everywhere and what their specialties and even websites are!  I hope everything worked out well and you got the help you need!  Dana</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts