Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is 17 months old, just here recently, she has been sick and we THINK it is cause of cows milk. The first day she got sick, she just threw up all day, so I stopped giving her milk. The next day I didn't give her milk and she did fine all day, so at bed time I give her some milk and that night she threw it up, and it was as if it seperated itself from the food she had eaten...

So I started last night and give her Lactose free milk, and she hasn't been sick and has had VERY GOOD Bowel movements, unlike when she was drinking cows milk, sometimes she wouldn't poop for over a day or her stools would be hard.

I'm taking her to the doctor on monday to see whats up, but I just thought someone here may have been through the same thing or you guys could tell me what you think.

Could she be Lactose Intolerant or could it have been a 3 day on again off again bug?

Thanks!

·
Registered
732 Posts
If children are sensitive to dairy its usually the proteins in it, lactose intolerance is something that adults develop. (therefore the lactaid milk wouldnt help) If she was a bit sick the milk could have just irritated her tummy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.