Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That not every diaper fits on every baby, or even babies who weigh the same??

Maybe I am just being too sensitive, but it hurts my feelings when i come on here and see people say" OH theres NO WAY this diaper will fit on a xx pound baby."
I KNOW my diapers will fit the size range that is stated. They work on my babies, and I have a local friend who uses my diapers.

Now just because they dont work on YOUR baby, doesnt mean they wont work on someone elses baby who is a similar size. Babies are shaped differently and it is up to you to find a diaper that works. But to come here and say XXX diaper will NOT work on XX babies is very discouraging to other mamas.(not to mention me )
Yes, say it doesnt work for you or your baby, but dont generalize and say it wont work for others.
I wanted to give up making diapers after seeing some comments, but I guess I am just being silly. I wish people could just word their remarks a little nicer.

Go ahead say it, I am beng petty and should quit whining....

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
yup yup yup, and not efvery diaper fits the way it is stated to fit. Take a certain diaper I own that the rise is suppose to fit to 20" but my DS's 16"rise hardly fits it, yet my friends baby with a 19" rise fits perfectly in it with room to grow. it is just so odd how different all diapers fit all babies.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I agree with you.. Alot of people said they dont like this diaper or that one and I still tried some of them and actually love them!! Every baby is shapped differently. I guess we all sometimes forget that people here make the diapers and I can see it being hurtful at times.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I definetly agree! You are right to point this out.

I don't know why mamas assume that all diapers are the same? Goodness, all babies are not shaped the same, why in the world would all diapers fit them the same...that's just silly!

ETA: I agree that this should be stickied...

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Oh ITA!!! I'm not a WAHM but I have a funny shaped baby, hee hee. She's a tub of love and even at 12 pounds her "up to 15#" dipes were too small on her thighs. ALL babies are different, you can't say for sure until you have tried and don't take someone else's word or you might be really missing out on a great fitting diaper!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Angie, I agree too. It's hard to give a size range when it comes to diapers. I have newborns and 4yos that fit in my mediums..lol. Every baby is built differently, so of course the results are going to be different.

·
Registered
373 Posts
ITA. Once there was a poster that said my larges were "bigger than any baby/toddler size diaper needs to be". I was thinking, "Tell that to all the mamas with cute chubby toddlers that fit into a large perfectly."

It did hurt my feelings to see that, but I thought I was just being silly, too.

to all the WAHMs who feel or have felt that way.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts