Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I would like to hear from those who have tried both. I have the Bumpy one and really like it for wool, ease of care and all. But I thought of branching out. Any suggestions? I mostly use this at night and lay in some fleece because all my pocket diapers are flipping out majorly.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I use Bumpy wool, although I don't like aplix very much. I like how snug the wrap fits around the hips, keeping any fitted diaper from slipping down at all. But that's not what you're asking about.... I have never tried a lambkins but they seem pretty identical. Sorry i can't help more... do you want other suggestions for a cover from someone who has used Bumpy regularly? I thiink the Bumpy is a bit bulky, and prefer other wool for the trim aspect, but my Bumpy is pretty leak/wick proof, so I like it for double insurance on outings.....
I have a cold and I'm tired, I'll shut up now....

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I loved bumpy wool for my son!
I had a lambkin that snapped and could never get a good fit with it and no matter what fitted I used, some would always peek out of the cover somewhere. I think it would have been a much better fit if it were aplix closure and/or if I was using it w/prefolds folded inside. I think you can get lambkins with aplix, though. I can't remember who b/c it has been several months, but a mama here did use lambkins for overnight and considered them to be a workhorse cover.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks you two for taking a minute to reply. I think I am going to just get another Bumpy. Sometimes it is better to stick with what works if you like it, rather than trying to out do a good thing.

Thanks again gals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts