Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a difference between using Lanolin(Lansinoh) in the tube, and liquid lanolin for lanolizing. There, did I say lanolin enough times in one sentence? :LOL

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
The liquid lanolin I have is marked 100% pure lanolin. It is sold at the health food store for a base for home made cosmetics. It can be used to treat minor burns. Also it is good for sore nipples.
: I keep forgetting that is what is actually for. It is very useful all the way around!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
No real difference. Just the price. Lansinoh is usually more expensive because it's being marketed at a specific use... breastfeeding. You can usually get 100% lanolin in a tube from your pharmacist (some keep it in stock, others need to order it) for cheaper. A lot of people use the Lansinoh because they already have it around the house. :LOL Liquid is easier to work with because you don't have the "congealing" issue when the water cools down.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
lansinoh is carefully refined so that babes suckling on it dont consume wool fiber, which in large doses can cause genuine wool allergies. if a mama uses lanolin on her breasts a lot, this is the safest lanolin to use.

that is the only difference. i prefer plain lanolin, which is usually thinner in consistency and much less expensive.

tabitha

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I'm really liking the liquid lanolin I have. It's much easier to work with then the lansinoh.

·
Registered
485 Posts
It can be easier to 'melt' the liquid lanolin into the water sometimes, but they essentially give you the same effect - a lanolinized cover.

There! I have used lanolin three times in my post, as well! :LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.