Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know of nontoxic, chemical free ways to easily remove lanolin, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and possibly essential oils from clothing and fabric?
(The essential oils might be a problem although I'm not entirely sure if they are a culprit.)

Lanolin, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and a couple of essential oils are staples around our home. Lanolin in particular has really helped my baby's diaper rash and has served as a natural skin protectant for my severe hand eczema. These aren't items we can just stop using.

However, I have recently been finding the lanolin and oils just everywhere on a lot of our clothing. I didn't really notice until it became such a large problem.

I only use a nontoxic green liquid laundry detergent, baking soda, and white vinegar in my laundry. I will also let laundry soak in these mixtures, but these are not getting the lanolin and oils out.

I've seen some people suggest Dawn dishwashing liquid, but I cannot use this.

I don't have time for spot cleaning, and really the stains are in so many places on so many clothes that finding a mixture to soak the stained clothes might be best.

Do you have any ideas?

I am sincerely so grateful for your help! The clothing looks awful.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't have any suggestions, but I also have the problem of oil stains in clothing! Hoping someone has a good solution.

I've never thought of using Dawn before, but do you think something like Nature Clean dishwashing liquid would work instead? I use this on our dishes as it's SLS/SLES free.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ooh, oily stains are a big problem for me. I constantly manage to get dirty in something and then wash it off with great difficulty. This area darkens with age unless it is removed quickly. And if the piece of clothing and oil stain dry, the stain can be set permanently. When I got into such a situation, I thought that I would have to throw out my favorite T-shirt and therefore began to look for an answer how to wash stains of any complexity and from any surfaces. Asking for advice from my friends, I practically could not in any way "defeat" a dirty T-shirt, then I began to look for answers on the Internet and, to my great happiness, he did not take long to wait and I found an article that described the process of removing sunscreen stains and this became the key to so that I can put my clothes in order without any problems. I think that if it were not for this miracle information, then I would have suffered further. So I can only recommend you this article, arguing from my own experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.