Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know of nontoxic, chemical free ways to easily remove lanolin, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and possibly essential oils from clothing and fabric?
(The essential oils might be a problem although I'm not entirely sure if they are a culprit.)

Lanolin, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and a couple of essential oils are staples around our home. Lanolin in particular has really helped my baby's diaper rash and has served as a natural skin protectant for my severe hand eczema. These aren't items we can just stop using.

However, I have recently been finding the lanolin and oils just everywhere on a lot of our clothing. I didn't really notice until it became such a large problem.

I only use a nontoxic green liquid laundry detergent, baking soda, and white vinegar in my laundry. I will also let laundry soak in these mixtures, but these are not getting the lanolin and oils out.

I've seen some people suggest Dawn dishwashing liquid, but I cannot use this.

I don't have time for spot cleaning, and really the stains are in so many places on so many clothes that finding a mixture to soak the stained clothes might be best.

Do you have any ideas?

I am sincerely so grateful for your help! The clothing looks awful.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.