Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations for some wool wash? I know I have heard something about WOW - that it felts wool? I'd like something safe for my wool, and something with a lot of lanolin would be good, although not absolutely essential since I can always add lanolin. I have Eucalan and it's fine, but I'd love to try something different.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Or you could go to the/a Whole Foods Mkt type place and get a bottle of lanolin (in skin products area at my store). Mix that up w/ hot water and maybe add a couple drops of baby shampoo (helps it disperse and not clump up) and add to soaking water/bath that you were washing the wool in. (I don't think I explained it very well, but its a nice, inexpensive way of going about it
)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama.Virg
Or you could go to the/a Whole Foods Mkt type place and get a bottle of lanolin (in skin products area at my store). Mix that up w/ hot water and maybe add a couple drops of baby shampoo (helps it disperse and not clump up) and add to soaking water/bath that you were washing the wool in. (I don't think I explained it very well, but its a nice, inexpensive way of going about it
)
Oh really? Whole foods sells Lanolin? I never thought of that! I think I will head there tomorrow! Liquid lanolin?

Lori

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Is it the WOW bar that felts wool, or the WOW liquid?
: 'Cuz I just bought 3-4oz bottles of the stuff!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutie Patootie
Is it the WOW bar that felts wool, or the WOW liquid?
: 'Cuz I just bought 3-4oz bottles of the stuff!

I *think* its the bar but I am not sure.

Lori

·
Registered
752 Posts
Neither do it. However if you wash anything with much agitation it will felt it no matter what you use to wash it. Just an FYI. I use it for all my wool yarn and finished soakers and also wool clothing. Never had a problem and it has been made for 3 years now. I just lather my hands and gently wash my wool concentrating the soap more on problem areas. Some prefer the liquid though I don't.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdxcdingmomma
Ooh, that stuff looks nice. But how far does one bar get ya?
I've been using the same bar for probably 2 mo now and it's about half gone. A little goes a long way ime

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.