Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing? lol

My dh is a marathoner, and he *really* wants me to start running with him. I've never been totally comfortable with running, but I'm alot more open to the idea now than I ever have been before. I'm between an F and G cup, though, and it's incredibly painful to run. Even before ds was born and I was only a D cup, it was horrible. What do you all do to ease the bouncing and pain? I've seen $50 sports bras at a local running shop, but do they really work? All the ones I bought before ds didn't work worth a hill o beans (granted, that was 8-10 years ago!). I hesitate to spend that kind of money if they don't really work that well, since we're on a very tight budget (very very tight).

Thanks for your input!

Kristen

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I wear three bras at the same time. I am a F cup, too, and that is the only way I can do any strenuous exercise, be it running or basketball or even just the elliptical. I layer on three garden variety sports bras and go at it.

So, you may still end up spending fifty bucks on bras, but I wouldn't do it on a single one. Even if I'm wearing more expensive bras (Title 9 sell some nice ones, especially), I still have to wear three of them, so they don't really make much sense for me, financially speaking.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I only wear a c cup but I discovered that wearing a champion high intensity sports bra thats a size smaller than I need really kept things in check. Also, I agree, wearing more than one may help. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
when i was in college, my roommate had to wear two sports bras in order to be comfortable.

i've also heard good things about the enell bra.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I wore this bra ( it's a Norvell custom fit bra) when training for a marathon a few yrs ago and when I just completed my first triathlon a couple weeks ago! It's not a "sports bra" but there is absoloutly no bounce and I'm LL cup! I did have chafing when training for the Marathon but I found this stuff to put under the rib band before my long runs and there was no more chafing!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats to finishing your triathalon! Wow! And with and LL cup? I'm super impressed!
Most of the gals I've known who've been bustily -blessed have tended to shy away from most things athletic.

Thanks, ladies! I'll definitely check out the Norvell and the Enell.

Kristen

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'm only a 34-36DD (I can't believe I'm saying ONLY!
), but I have had to spend some money to get a system that works. I wear the Maia bra from http://www.movingcomfort.com. It's great!! I also wear a regular exercise tank with a shelf-bra under it and that little tiny extra support has made it the perfect fit for me.

·
Premium Member
11,341 Posts
I wear a 30E bra
and I have to spend the money on a good sports bra if I am going to run at all. I wear the "Shock Absorber" (bought it from www.secretsfromyoursister.com ) and it was worth every penny. I have just one but I rinse it out after every run - it dries quickly so it is ready for the next day.

Unfortunately, if you are not in the typical size range most stores carry, you have to pay $$$$ for decent bras.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
The only bra that lets me do anything remotely even medium impact is the Last Resort bra from Title Nine. Yes, it costs over $50 for a single bra, but eveything cheaper has just been a waste of money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts