Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I are TTC (hating that 2ww!) and I don't have an OBGYN. Long story short I have a GYN/ONC due to history of cancer in family and he may be great at keeping me cancer free, but he doesn't do babies!

I'm afraid I managed to irritate the nurses at the last GYN I went to here in town - due to my history I get more tests each year than most women my age and as I wish to keep my uterus until after childbearing I have to be very insistent on the testing each year. (They didn't like the informed and insistant part)

Sooooo I am searching for an OBGYN that is open to midwives and homebirth, as I am considering doing my prenatal with them, but the delivery with a midwife at home.

On the same topic, anyone have experience with a midwife that is not offended with you getting prenatal care from an OBGYN?

Any input would be great!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Although Martha does have a good rep., I am going to have to recommend Renee Hanevold, Angie DeTie and April Kermani. You can find Renee and April at www.birthyear.net under directory/midwives hospital. Angie works in the same office as Renee if you need to get a hold of her as well. Angie and REnee work out of UMC and April works out of the St. Rose hospitals. All 3 are exceptional. I can't say the same of the other CNM's.

As for homebirth midwives...well that is a whole other ball of wax. But, I would interview as many as possible...if you haven't already done so. You can find CPM's at the same address under homebirth midwives.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.