Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I am two months pregnant lady. Actually, I have some hairs on chin and face and to remove them I always take laser hair removal session from my dermatologist but due to pregnancy, my husband is not allowing me for this treatment.

According to him, it could be dangerous for the health of our baby. Do you think laser treatment for hair removal is not safe? Secondly, I don't want to remove them via threading. Is there any alternative method? I have also allergy from waxing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sugar Wax

I wouldn't use laser hair removal if I were you. If you are sensitive to waxing you can opt for threading, or even better, sugar waxing. It takes time to learn the technique, I nailed it the third time around for example. But once you do try it, you will not want to go back to chemical wax. Sugar wax is homemade from sugar and lemon, so I doubt you are allergic to that. There are plenty of Youtube videos to show you how to make it.

On the website I run, theindianrose, we are writing a lot about natural ways to get rid of facial hair, it might be worth having a look.

Alternatively, you can look for a sugar wax professional in your area but that might be expensive.

Hope it helps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hope it's safe! I can't stand my body anymore when there's a lot of hair on it. I hope my doctor will tell me that I can do laser hair removal and recommend where to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts