Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm an infrequent poster/lurker at MDC, although this is my first time posting in this forum. I have one DS (conceived naturally) and am TTC #2. So far I've gone through 3 cycles of IUI with no success yet. Since I'm using a finite quantity of frozen sperm to conceive #2 (in order for the two kids to be biological siblings), I'm trying to figure out everything I may need to know in order to maximize the chances of the next IUI attempt working. Based on the sperm lab test results and the amount of sperm remaining, I think this very well may be my last cycle of IUI before going to IVF.<br><br>
So, what are all the things I should do/check before this IUI attempt? I just started taking clomiphene citrate this cycle (previous 3 were non-meds). Here are all the other things that I've been told might be worth doing:<br>
- HSG to confirm that tubes are clear<br>
- US to check follicle development<br>
- trigger to ovulate<br><br>
Is there anything else?<br><br>
Thanks so much for your help and support!

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
my clinic that does the IUI has a acupuncture program that they have records of it improving outcomes by a large margin.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting-- I hadn't thought about acupuncture at all! Unfortunately it looks like my insurance doesn't cover it. :-( I may look into it anyway to find out what's involved in terms of costs, timing, etc.<br><br>
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts