Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Love a trip to a toy store but have no idea what to get a 7yo girl, who has an older sister and probably lots of stuff in the house already (never been to their house).</p>
<p>Any ideas in the $15 range? Going to the locally owned toy store because I love an excuse to go there.</p>

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
<p>When a kid has an older, same-sex sibling, I try to not do "toys." For 7 y.o. girls this year we've done craft kits, jewelry (like a pendant necklace), books (but only if I know what level reader she is) and a diary that locks. The 7 y.o. girls we know are completely obsessed with fairies (not the Disney ones, but generic nature fairies).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have fun browsing!</p>
<p>-e</p>

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
<p>I would suggest something craft-related.  Last weekend my dd went to the b-day of a 7 yr old girl.  We gave her a set of really nice goache paints and a few canvasses.  It went over well.  Another girl gave her a set of glitter pens that she loved as well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Another thought is a board or card game.  Someone here recommended Sleeping Queens which I thought looked really good.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts