Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any local homebirth midwives who would take on a healthy woman who is 33 weeks pregnant with big, healthy twins - even if Baby A is breech?<br><br>
I have a very stubborn Baby A and am under the care of an OB who is now talking about scheduling a cesarean for 38 weeks if she won't flip within a week. I'm GBS+ and Rh-. I wish I had explored this option earlier but felt I couldn't afford a homebirth - but I am willing to find a way.<br><br>
I'm told it's hard to find a homebirth midwife to attend a twin delivery - especially if babies aren't both vertex. My OB says breech/vertex twins are at risk for "interlocking chins" - though the reading I've done on the subject says that's more of an issue for monoamniotic twins and mine are in their own amniotic sacs.<br><br>
Can anyone help? Any advice? Insight? A pep-talk? :p<br>
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Rolla Crandall<br>
763-560-6967<br><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><br><br>
I used Rolla before. She was willing to attend my birth when other home birth midwives wouldn't. I would give her a call right away. I think she's in Brooklyn Center, I know it's something Brooklyn, so she's not that far from you. And she's a real bargin compared to the other midwives. In 2001, I paid $1000, for everything! She's flexible in that repect also! Good luck, if I were in your situation I would be doing the same thing!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
She was the midwife for my previous and current pg. I know she took on someone who moved to MN and was late in the pg. I also know she does twins. If my current pg ends up being twins (only 8 weeks along now) she will be there for us at home!<br><br>
I highly recommend her as she is very responsive, sensitive, competent to the nth degree, calm and an excellent trouble shooter!<br><br><a href="http://www.riversongmidwifery.com" target="_blank">www.riversongmidwifery.com</a><br><br>
Best wishes,<br>
Tracy

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I would talk with Gail Tully or Jeanne Bazille and the both of them together would be even better! They both have a lot of twin experience and are some of the most experienced midwives in the twin cities, although I am not sure about availability. Please PM me if you would like their numbers.<br><br>
Sarah B.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yuki,<br><br>
I did email Rolla and am just waiting to hear back from her. I've also gotten in contact with a woman who does accupuncture and moxibustion in hopes of maybe getting Baby A to flip?<br><br>
Thanks for thinking of me - I'll update as soon as I know anything more! I really appreciate everyone's help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts