Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, last night around 8 PM I all of a sudden got a pretty bad lower backache. I haven't had a backache yet this pregnancy so I was kind of shocked. I went in the tub and it seemed to help until I got out. When I got out of the tub my husband and I went for a drive and it got worse. It started radiating down the sides of my hips and occasionally around to the front of my belly. It started to feel like period cramps in my stomach. It did go away for a bit on our drive though. That was until we got home. It came back full force. I sat in the recliner with the heating pad on my back and that didn't help. The pain in my back would not completely go away but it would ease up and then hit me like a ton of bricks again. Around 11:30 PM my DH and I decided to go up to bed. I was in so much pain I couldn't get comfortable, let alone sleep. I got back up and went downstairs with my heating pad again. I decided to have another bath. The bath wouldn't even help. I was still get cramps on top of my backache (which was the worst backache I have ever had). By this time (about 1 AM) DH was starting to get worried and wanted me to go to the hospital. My gut feeling was that everything was fine but he wanted me to go just to be sure, so for HIS peice of mind we went.

Well, my gut, once again, was right. Everything IS fine.

My BP and pulse was quite high, but that was just from being in the hospital. They took a urine sample which came back PERFECT. Last week when I checked it at home I was spilling quite a bit of glucose. Baby is head down! I thought s/he was head up LOL. AND we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. She used a doppler but was super quick....45 seconds maybe and found the heartbeat on the left side of my stomach down low. Babys heartbeat was a steady 141! Then they wanted to do an internal exam which I asked if I could refuse but he said since I had pain in my pubic bone he wanted to make sure I wasn't dilated. I let him do the internal (which hurt by the way) and I am CLOSED!!! Yay, thank goodness.

My DH was so worried last night when we got there and by the time we left he was beaming and kept immitating the sound of the baby's heartbeat. He was so excited to finally get to hear his LO.

· Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks girls! Oh and I forgot to mention that last night after we left the hospital my backache went away LOL. Go figure!

· Registered
2,710 Posts
I just had a thought- maybe all that discomfort (ok-pain!) was your LO turning head down? My mom said when I turned she was VERY uncomfortable for a whole night. It could have pulled on your ligaments, and even caused a few contrax!

· Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I never thought of that!!!! I am pretty sure that s/he was head up but then when I was at the hospital I was surprised when they said s/he was head down. Then shortly after we left the hospital my pain went away. That very well could have been the problem. I even said to DH at one point that maybe the baby was just in a weird position. Thanks so much for bringing that up!

· Registered
2,710 Posts
No Problem!

That's why you come here, right?!

Now, If I could only get MINE to turn. . .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.