Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I liked the idea of lock boxes that some folks here posted awhile back, and I found an inexpensive one that I'm thinking of asking the grandparents to get dd for Christmas. I noticed that the recommended age listed is 4+ years though. My dd just turned 2, and while I think she would really get into tinkering with all the different latches (she's like her dad and loves to take things apart and "fix" them, etc) and finding things in the compartments inside, I'm wondering for those of you who have them, whether you think that 2 years is too young for this sort of thing.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Nope! DS was two when he got his. He definitely wasn't too young. Could do all but one of the latches on his own. And there's nothing to choke on or anything. They use them in the 2-3 class at DS's preschool, too.<br>
-Erin

·
Registered
545 Posts
Definitely not too young! DS received his first latch board for his 1st birthday and could figure out most of the latches. We bought him the box a few months later. Some take more strength than he has, but he can work most of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts