Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Ok, I haven't gotten my BFP yet as I haven't tested in a few days; however, I do believe I have implantation spotting, which seemed to have occured on 12 or 13 dpo, which seems rather late.  Anyway, with my first pregnancy, I had this spotting earlier than I am having it now.  Anyway, if I am in fact pregnant this time around, it would seem to be late implantation.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I just read that late implantation carries a higher risk of miscarriages and I am freaking out a bit.  Is this true? Does anyone know of others who have had late implantation beyond 12 dpo and went full term? TIA!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Edited to add: I started spotting one day before my period was due.  Is this considered late implantation?</p>

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
<p>Not to be pessimistic, but lots of people spot right before AF (even if you never have) so spotting that late in one's cycle I'd be more inclined to think AF rather than implantation.<br>
I don't think implantation typically happens that late. If anything, it could be pregnancy bleeding (different from implantation - could be caused by various things in early pregnancy).<br>
I have also heard late implantation has greater risk of m/c, because that late in the cycle is when progesterone starts dropping and the body starts prepping for AF. And it is my understanding that the body doesn't signal AF to stop until implantation happens and gets those HCG hormones goin;? (someone correct me if I am wrong?)<br>
Good luck! I hope it is just early pg bleeding and you get your BFP instead of AF tomorrow?</p>

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>You're not being pessimistic and I appreciate your response; however, I know my period very, very well and it is very regular with AF going on strong with horrendous cramps and bleeding which requries me to use Ultra tampons the first two days.  This is not my usual period and I never spot before AF.  AF was due yesterday and I am still spotting which is mixed with mucus and sometimes it's not there when I wipe and sometimes it is.  It rarely is staining a panty liner, only with maybe one or two spots, so something is definitely going on.  I don't have my usual AF cramps, although I do have some mild cramping, but with AF, the first two days I normally have to take Motrin every 8 hours to stay alive.  This is not AF and I don't foresee my usual AF coming.  It would have been here by now.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts